.adslot { border:2px solid aliceBlue; margin:2px; }

Friday 9 August 2013

Swiss Store Employee Denied Me Service Because I Am Black - Oprah Winfrey

 
A handbag too expensive for one of the richest women on earth?...SMH
Oprah Winfrey was shopping in Switzerland  ahead of Tina Turner's star-studded wedding to Erwin Bach last month when a shop assistant who failed to recognize her told her 'she wouldn't be able to afford' the handbag she requested to see, which was $38,000.
According to Oprah,
'I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn't have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' is not shown in Zurich.
'I go into a store and I say to the woman, 'Excuse me, could I see the bag right above your head?' and she says to me, 'No. It's too expensive.'' 

The saleswoman went on to suggest she look at cheaper bags. 'I left the store but it proves that racism is still an issue,' Oprah added. 
The store owner has since apologised to Oprah but denied the snub was due to racism.

No comments :

Post a Comment

leave a comment and tell me what you think